My TBR Jar, shown above, contains slips of paper with unread book titles from 2014, 2015, and the first half of 2016. I don’t seem to be moving these off the shelves, since I’m focusing on the newer books for my Read the Books You Buy Challenge (spotlighting 2017 purchases, along with those bought in the second half of 2016).
Sometimes it helps to actually list the books I need to read…and perhaps highlight those that I have a chance of picking soon.
Here are some from 2014, with three selected from The TBR Jar:
PURCHASED BOOKS UNREAD FROM 2014: (19 books, with 3 singled out from the jar)
- Life List, The (e-book), by Chrissy Anderson
- Everyone Worth Knowing, by Lauren Weisberger
- Abducted (e-book), by T. R. Ragan
- Apple Orchard, The (e-book), by Susan Wiggs
- My Mother Was Nuts (e-book), by Penny Marshall
- Paper Towns (e-book), by John Green
- What Remains: A Memoir of Fate, Friendship & Love, by Carole Radziwil
- In the Woods (e-book), by Tana French
- Shadow Tracer, The (e-book), by Meg Gardiner
- Wife 22 (e-book), by Melanie Gideon
- Ellen Foster (e-book), by Kaye Gibbons
- Leaves (e-book), by Michael Baron
- Lemon Orchard, The (e-book), by Luanne Rice
- Owen’s Daughter (e-book), by Jo-Ann Mapson
- Ruth’s Journey (e-book), by Donald McCaig
- Some Luck (e-book), by Jane Smiley
- All Good Deeds (e-book), by Stacy Green
- Storied Life of A.J. Fikry, The (e-book), by Gabrielle Zevin
- Eleanor and Park (e-book), by Rainbow Rowell
Do you devise ways to motivate yourself into picking up Old and Dusty TBR Books? What works for you?