Good morning! It’s Tuesday, and because many new books are released on Tuesdays, I have been adding to my Kindle collection as if there were no tomorrow. And you know what else? Most of them were not new releases. I did get one of the new Kindle Prime books…but that was yesterday.
Above, note my little country cupboard which sits in the dining area…those print books are some of the ones left after my various purges. I do have a few scattered throughout the condo…and some day I will count them. I’m guessing I still have between 400-500 books.
Here is another cupboard with old favorites:
Let’s take a look at this year’s purchases, from May on:
1. A Lowcountry Wedding (e-book), by Mary Alice Monroe
2. Blue Bath, The (e-book), by Mary Waters-Sayer
3. Clouds in My Coffee (e-book), by Julie Mulhern
4. Dear Carolina (e-book), by Kristy Woodson Harvey
5. Dear Thing (e-book), by Julie Cohen
6. Flight Patterns (e-book), by Karen White
7. I Let You Go (e-book), by Claire Mackintosh
8. Island House, The (e-book), by Nancy Thayer
9. Let’s Just Say It Wasn’t Pretty: Memoir, by Diane Keaton9
10. My Husband’s Wives (e-book), by Faith Hogan
11. Some Women (e-book), by Emily Liebert
12. Two-Family House, The (e-book), by Lynda Cohen Loigman
13. Two If By Sea (e-book), by Jacquelyn Mitchard
14. Unsinkable: Memoir, by Debbie Reynolds
15. Wilde Lake (e-book), by Laura Lippman
1. Confess, by Colleen Hoover
2. Death at Breakfast (e-book), by Beth Gutcheon
3. Deep Dark (e-book), by Laura Griffin
4. Dinner, The (e-book), by Herman Koch
5. Drinking Closer to Home (e-book), by Jessica Anya Blau
6. Exit, The (e-book), Helen FitzGerald
7. Here’s To Us (e-book), by Elin Hilderbrand
8. Mystic Summer (e-book), by Hannah McKinnon
9. One True Loves (e-book), by Taylor Jenkins Reid
10. Sunshine Beach (e-book), by Wendy Wax
11. Sweetbitter (e-book), by Stephanie Danler
12. Vinegar Girl (e-book), by Anne Tyler
1. Coincidence of Coconut Cake, The (e-book), by Amy E. Riechert
2. Girl You Lost, The (e-book), by Kathryn Croft
3. In Twenty Years (e-book), by Allison Winn Scotch
4. Melody Lingers On, The (e-book), by Mary Higgins Clark
5. They May Not Mean To, But They Do (e-book), by Cathleen Schine
As you can see, I haven’t read that many of them…yet. If you’ve been following this blog, you also know I’m participating in the Read the Books You Buy Challenge, and have read 40 so far this year. Some of them are obviously from the last half of 2015, which counts for the challenge.
On the positive side, I have read 22 books I bought from January through April.
I’ve also been catching up on review books, and have no unread Vine books on my stacks at this moment. Of my NetGalley ARCs, I have one to be released in August, and two in October. So it’s all good.
I also have an author review requested book to complete…soon.
Out of boredom, I changed the theme here yesterday. Some of you might recognize the look from my Serendipity and Snow Sparks blogs.
What are you reading, buying, or reviewing lately?