If you have something to muse or rant about, head on over to Should Be Reading and join in.
Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Recently I downloaded two books that I hadn’t even considered buying or reading…because they had been made into movies. And I LOVE movies.
Yes, I love books, but books made into movies are my go-to thing.
If I Stay (click for review)was a book that left me sighing and weeping a little. But the movie, which I saw yesterday, even more so. To find out more about WHY, check out my Sunday Potpourri post.
I had noticed this title On Demand, but hadn’t watched it…but then my daughter kept urging me to do so, saying she was sure I’d love it. Does that girl know me, or what?
I watched it On Demand…but then recorded it later last night, after noticing it on Starz. I want to be able to watch it again…and you never know about On Demand. Some of those movies hang around, and others disappear quickly.
I used to buy DVDs for everything…and you can tell by my DVD shelves…I have more than 800 movies there, and that doesn’t count the few VCR tapes that I still have!
Here’s a brief glimpse of a portion of the shelves that extend the length of the hallway.
My obsessions (which I prefer to call collections) are numerous, but recently I’ve been purging my bookshelves. They are overflowing again, even though my habit nowadays is to download new books to Sparky.
But there are those giveaways and those Vine review books!
Right now I’m reading a Vine book called Falling Into Place, by Amy Zhang, from Vine. In some ways, it is reminiscent of If I Stay, as the girl in the story has also been in a horrendous accident and is lying in a hospital bed, while the world (and her world in the past) swirl around her.
But how she got there is very different.
Earlier today, I read a lovely post by Nose Graze, a blog I recently started following. She talks about her routines and how much she loves them.
And I could definitely relate. Even though mine is different, the similarities exist in the security of having something real and secure in our worlds…something that we look forward to in our days.
What has your day been like so far? Your week? Do you savor the routines, or do you like playing it by ear?