Kathryn, at Book Date, is hosting another Read the Books You Buy Challenge – 2017.
So this is a Reading Challenge to Read the books you buy. You don’t buy books? Well then this challenge isn’t for you. Now at the start of 2017 you won’t be sure of what you are going to buy or how many books you will buy.
So – choose from one of the percentages below and go for it. Make a commitment post and link up below. List the books you buy in the post as you spend throughout the year and then mark off as you read them.
If you don’t have a blog you can do this on Goodreads with something like a ‘bought 2017’ shelf and you’ll easily be able to see at the end of the year how you’ve gone. Leave a comment on the post with a link to the shelf to signal your participation, if using Goodreads. Or.. you can place the link on the link up.
20% or less Money Sitting on the Shelf.
21 – 40% Making Inroads.
41 – 60 % Moderately Successful
61 – 80 % Maximising Returns – My goal!
81 – 100% Mission Accomplished
- Books have been bought in 2017 by you or you can decide to include from and including July 2016 buys. Anything previous to that definitely falls into the dusty TBR realm! There is a challenge somewhere in the book world for that!
- Can be ebook, print book or audiobook
- You can decide whether you include books bought in 2017 second hand or in book fairs etc.
- Books for this challenge can also be included in other challenges.
- Runs from 1st January to 31st of December 2017
I encourage you not to think this through too much, go on buying as you normally do – in a large or small way.
Authors write books, they deserve to be read and enjoyed and paid as well! So I know we love our review books, library books, 2nd hand books etc. But … if you can – buy books as well.
There will be one mid year link up to share how you are going, in the beginning of July.
In December there will be the final link up to share where you reached. You may not reach your goal, but just link up to account for yourself!
The link ups just mean re linking your commitment post but updated.